180 Count – Ease muscle cramps and spasms. Get all the calcium you need to maintain strong,healthy bones and muscles with Bio-Cal.
CALCIUM, THE MOST ABUNDANT MINERAL IN THE HUMAN BODY, HAS SEVERAL IMPORTANT FUNCTIONS
More than 99% of total body calcium is stored in the bones and teeth where it functions to support their structure. The remaining 1% is found throughout the body in blood, muscle, and the fluid between cells. Calcium is needed for muscle contraction, blood vessel contraction and expansion, the secretion of hormones and enzymes, and sending messages through the nervous system. A constant level of calcium is maintained by body fluid and tissues so that these vital body processes function efficiently.
Calcium is critical for healthy bones. The Bones undergo continuous remodeling, with constant resorption (breakdown of bone) and deposition of calcium into newly deposited bone (bone formation). The balance between bone resorption and deposition changes as people age. During childhood there is a higher amount of bone formation and less breakdown. In early and middle adulthood, these processes are relatively equal. In aging adults, formation, resulting in bone loss, which increases the risk for osteoporosis (a disorder characterized by porous, weak bones).
THE ROLE OF VITAMIN D IN CALCIUM ABSORPTION
Vitamin D promotes the body’s absorption of calcium, which is essential for the normal development and maintenance of healthy teeth and bones. Vitamin D also helps maintain adequate blood levels of calcium and phosphorus.
Vitamin D is a key factor in good calcium absorption. Vitamin D3 increases calcium absorption by as much as 30 to 80 percent.
VITAMIN K IS ALSO IMPORTANT FOR CALCIUM USE IN THE BODY
Vitamin K is necessary for blood clotting and normal liver function. Vitamin K also is responsible for the regulation of calcium in bone mineralization. K supplements in post menopausal women may increase bone density. Vitamin K also inhibits the growth of calcium oxalate stones in the kidneys by supporting proper kidney function.
KEEP OUT OF THE REACH OF CHILDREN. Pregnant or lactating women, diabetics, hypoglycemics, and people with known medical conditions and/or taking drugs should consult with a licensed physician and/or pharmacist prior to taking dietary supplements.
Double safety sealed with an outer shrink wrap film and an inner bottle freshness seal. Do not use if either seal is broken or missing. Store in a cool, dry place.
Statements contained herein have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat and cure or prevent disease. Always consult with your professional health care provider before changing any medication.